mod-python or pypython

Titus Brown t at chabry.caltech.edu
Wed Aug 1 17:30:14 EDT 2001

In article <Pine.A41.4.21.0108011335040.25694-100000 at research2.asu.edu>,
David Bear  <iddwb at imap1.asu.edu> wrote:

>was wanting to enhance apache with faster cgi.  I intent to exclusively use
>python for scripting.  I was wondering which would be a better way to go,
>using mod-python or pypython.. any one have recommendations?

If you're not wedded to Apache, then you might consider PyWX,

	http://pywx.idyll.org/

which attaches to AOLserver (free, open-source, scalable).  AOLserver has
a number of advantages over Apache at the moment, including a much cleaner
internal design & a very nice embedded Python interpreter (PyWX ;).

If you're stuck with Apache for technical or ideological reasons, you should
also take a look at mod_snake.  (I assume you meant mod_python and pyapache
above, right?)  mod_snake sounds like it is very clean, and I've heard several
different complaints about the state of mod_python and pyapache, additionally.

cheers,
--t