Emacs? VIM!

Adam 'Vonlia' Seyfarth adam.seyfarth at home.com
Wed Aug 8 14:27:42 EDT 2001

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, William Park wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 02:53:16PM +0000, Adam 'Vonlia' Seyfarth wrote:
> > Hi pythoners,
> > 	You Emacs users, you've been boasting about "X/Emacs's Python
> > mode".  First of all, you said you didn't like Vi because it was modal.
> > Secondly, Vim has a Python environment.  Ie, with vim you can get syntax
> > highlighting for Python, and automatic indenting for Python.  What more
> > could you want?  (Note:  I love Vim, please don't attack me for slightly
> > insulting Emacs, I do know that Emacs has a HUGE amount of useful
> > features)
>
> Looks like flame bait, but I've got 10 minutes to kill...

Yar, you are right.  I souldn't have even sent that, see some of my
other messages for more, off-topic I guess, information.

> People choose editor first, then work their way to programming language.
> So, python support in Vim/Emacs wouldn't influence them.  Personally,
> auto-indenting is the only thing I use regularly.  Everything else gives
> me headache.

He he, yes, that other stuff is going just a tad overboard :-)   But I
thought the Python site could notify that more than Emacs has Python
support (it does this already, but only for two editors, and Jed is a
lot like Emacs, IMHO).  Sorry.

--
     Man on cross [singing]: ``Always look on the bright side of
     life...''

    /||  Adam Seyfarth <http://members.home.net/adam.seyfarth/>  ||\
   /«||  <mailto:cloud at users.sf.net>   <http://www.majik3d.org>  ||»\
   \«||  <http://tuxaqfh.sf.net>        <http://tuxkart.sf.net>  ||»/