Python + Windows + Webserver

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Sun Aug 12 15:47:02 EDT 2001

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:

> IMHO, the easiest server in the world to set up under win98 is Xitami,
> www.xitami.com.  Specifically, you need (this or the equivalent from
> any nearer mirror) one self-installer of less than 800KB:
> http://users.skynet.be/sky37432/bw3224d9.exe

I beg to differ. For a Python programmer, the easiest web server to
set up under any operating system, except Macs, is
python -c 'import CGIHTTPServer;CGIHTTPServer.test()' [port number]

Recent versions of Python have this working under windows so you
can run Python CGI scripts. It's not production quality, but it is
good enough for debugging CGI scripts at home.

--
The Official Moshe Zadka FAQ: http://moshez.geek
The Official Moshe Zadka FAQ For Dummies: http://moshez.org