Python-2.2a1.exe: "Can't run 16-bit Windows program"

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Sat Aug 11 12:30:08 EDT 2001

[Martin von Loewis]
> Although I wish there was a little script to "make this Python
> installation current". It is not only what interpreter is associated
> with the Run command, but also which Pythonwin (or whatever) is
> associated with the Edit command.
>
> Something like "Python 2.0 is not your default Python interpreter. Do
> you want to make it default?" with a check box "Always check on
> startup", you get the idea :-)

Actually I don't.  As I said, I don't do anything that relies on registry or
envar settings -- probably because I've been using Python since long before
any of that became possible, and am happily stuck in prehistoric usage
patterns.  Whatever, I don't have a feel for what's desired or required
here, and can't be shamed into growing one <wink>.  If you do, submit a
suitable script to SourceForge, and if it makes sense, I'll do whatever it
takes to get it installed.