Dumb python questions

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 13:53:01 EDT 2001

"Alex Martelli" <aleax at aleax.it> wrote in message
news:9lgt9j011q1 at enews4.newsguy.com...

A followup to myself to point out one little thing...:

> in the Python community!-)  I've submitted this as a bug to
> sourceforge, as I see you hadn't done that.

...and now (less than an hour later than I submitted it) it's been
fixed (in the CVS -- you can easily get xdrlib 1.13 if you want,
and retrofit it on any older Python, it should work just fine), in
a simpler and more effective way than I had suggested (i.e.,
by using cStringIO or StringIO to do the accumulation -- StringIO
already has all the needed mechanisms, in pure Python, and
cStringIO is a faster implementation as a C extension).

Such speed in fixing performance-bugs may also be a clear
symptom of a product that is not yet mature, of course:-).

Alex