Calling C++ from Python

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Fri Aug 17 16:12:25 EDT 2001

Alex Martelli wrote:

> "Jeff Shannon" <jeff at ccvcorp.com> wrote in message
> news:3B7D5E93.56ABDB84 at ccvcorp.com...
> > its many variants.  (Note that popen() is broken on windows, you'll want
>
> Not in the current Python (2.1).
>
> Alex

Ah.  I'm still using 2.0, and did have to work around this in order to
automate the usage of some horrible,  ancient (dos) utilities that we're
forced to use by a partner company.  (If I thought they'd give me access to
their specs, I'd be tempted to volunteer to rewrite the tools just so that I
wouldn't have to use their junk... good thing that I was able to hide almost
all of it inside a python script so I can just run that and forget the mess.)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International