probs w/ building python extensions on free Microsoft.NET SDK

Shakeeb Alireza sa at bayt.net
Tue Aug 7 06:22:46 EDT 2001

Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com> wrote in message news:<gcuumtg94g0htmc4okr8clolsl87uhnv7u at 4ax.com>...

> One. Get _Python Essential Reference_. It has the best guide to extending
> and embedding in Python that I've ever seen.

Done.

> Two. If you're fizzling around with Cygwin and GNU and can't figure it out,
> please take that to the appropriate newsgroups.

Given that the discussion is directly concerned with building *python*
extensions, I think this is an appropriate topic for this newsgroup.
Nevertheless, I am now much less interested in getting the cygwin
version to work now that I've successfully compiled a basic extension
on win32.

> Three. You've claimed to be new to C. You're going to have to learn quite
> a bit about C, first. The Python documentation does not take on the task of
> teaching C while it explains the extension mechanisms.

True. There's a lot to absorb in C. I hear pointers are quite
scary....

cheers,

Shakeeb