Python vs PHP

Gillou nospam at bigfoot.com
Thu Aug 30 12:04:53 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to convince my boss to start a new project (Web service + Web
"heavy" dedicated client) with Python when he prefers PHP.
He's arguing that it's easier to find PHP programmers than Python
programmers in France (he's right)
I'm arguing that any good PHP or Java programmer can be a good Python
programmer in one week (I'm right).
Unfortunately, learning Zope is some more difficult than Apache/mod_php
(he's right, I started Zope 6 months ago an I'm still dead brained on some
problems)
Can you give me some arguments to make the decision ?

Many thanks in advance

--Gillou