(beginner) question on threads...

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Aug 31 11:28:39 EDT 2001

    Fred> Off to a bad start, I made the following simple-minded change :

    Fred> in class BaseHTTPRequestHandler(SocketServer.StreamRequestHandler) :

    Fred> in def handle(self) :

    Fred> the last line : method()  # generally self.do_GET()
    Fred> becomes :       thread.start_new_thread(method, () )

I think you can just create a suitable subclass of SocketServer.TCPServer.
In my XML-RPC server, I did:

    class GenericServer(SocketServer.ThreadingMixIn, SocketServer.TCPServer):
        """generic XML-RPC server class"""

Each request to my server is handled in a separate thread.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
http://www.mojam.com/