curses-library bug? Help!

teo teo at crepido.com
Fri Aug 3 03:12:34 EDT 2001

Hi all! When i try to catch curses.KEY_ENTER, for example, getch() returns

something completley diffrent :)

well, i'll give you my code and explains below. ----------------------------------

import curses

curses.initscr()

win = curses.newwin(0,0,0,0)

win.keypad(1)

win.refresh()

while 1:

  ch = win.getch()

  if ch == curses.KEY_ENTER:

    win.addstr(10,10,"Enter pressed")

    win.refresh()

doesen't write anything at all on my screeen!(when i press 'enter', of course :)

The strange thing is, that other constants work, for example

curses.KEY_RESIZE, but no "keyboard-keys"(enter, tab, backspace)

When i run my application in pure textmode (no X server), it works,

but when i run my app in a terminalemulator, the mapping of the keys

failes. I don't know if it makes any sence, but I'm running Linux-mandrake.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Teodor