Need Some WinDoze Help

Gerson Kurz gerson.kurz at t-online.de
Fri Aug 24 12:03:09 EDT 2001

On 24 Aug 2001 01:20:01 GMT, Tim Daneliuk <tundra at tundraware.com>
wrote:

>I know Unix much better than Win32, so I need a little help with the following
>please:
>
>1) How do I go about finding out which shortcut key combinations are
>   currently assigned to which programs/arguments?

You don't. For example, the Accelerator keys are typically encoded in
the context of the main message loop via a call to
TranslateAccelerator() (Win32 API), and you can pass almost anything -
including an acceleratortable constructed in memory from scratch -
there.

>2) How do I "hook" a particular keystroke combination?  I want to be
>   able to load a program and then toggle it from visible to invisible
>   using the keystroke combo of choice.
SetWindowsHookEx(), but not from Python (its not in win32all), because
e.g. for a global hook (that is, one that gets called from all
applications), you need to write a .DLL IIRC.