Windows and file input in Python

Piotr Legiecki piotrlg at sci.pam.szczecin.pl
Thu Aug 30 06:16:45 EDT 2001

Hi

This is my next simple question about Python.

I have to sometimes use python under windows 98. It is python 2.1. Using
command.com is really not the way I want to go in 21 century ;-(

I'v noticed Idle. Nice thing but my program reads and writes files in
current (ie. my program) directory and idle says: file (the one I
read/write) not found. I think it is a problem with search path (?).

So what I want is:

Use ultraedit (or idle) to edit python's program. Double clicking on my program's
ikon to run it.

What should I do? Should I rewrite my program (simple: open(myfile)) to
something more advanced ;-) to be usable under win?

Regards
Piotr Legiecki