Is there any editor support python?

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Wed Aug 29 22:52:46 EDT 2001

Me parece que Formalin <formalin14 at email.com.cn> dijo:
> Is there any editor support python?

Interpreted as:

Is there any editor [with] support [for] Python?

The answer is: Oh so many!

Emacs has a notably powerful Python mode.

Vim (a vi clone) has support for Python syntax rules, as well as rules
for dozens of other file types.

UltraEdit-32, if it doesn't already have Python syntax coloring, is
extensible and it can be added.

This question is probably better asked in comp.editors where this is
specifically what they deal with. comp.editors is populated largely with
pro-vi and pro-Emacs users, but there are many other editors discussed.

I personally use Vim for everything I possibly can. I changed
news readers and mail clients so I could use it more!  A lot of
Pythonistas use Emacs (as, I believe, does Python's creator).

Good luck!

--
You are alive. So live.
    -- Morpheus, The Sandman