Typing system vs. Java

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Sat Aug 4 13:03:05 EDT 2001

>Since I can write more powerful programs in smaller, more readable
>chunks, I think I write less buggy code. If we have to reduce the
>simplicity/expressiveness of the language in order to add type-checking,
>then I think the tradeoff is not worth it.

I emphatically agree. Syntactic type declaration is considerably out of
place with Python.

Although I was thinking about about something which might be useful.
What if Python were to support a type consistency check on containers?

>>> mylist = [1,2,"alpha"]!
Type Consistency Error:

Note the exclamation point.

C//