Python Server Pages

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Fri Aug 31 11:06:20 EDT 2001

Mark Pawelek <mark at swipe.plc.uk> wrote in message news:<Y2iPO6orqyEt+fDY7mQo6nLbna6n at 4ax.com>...
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 09:00:13 -0500, Brian Kelley <bkelley at wi.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know the current state of python server pages?  The last
> >entry on their web site is June 1999.  I remember reading a Dr. Dobb's
> >Journal article at roughly the same time.  So PSP appears to be
> >incredibly stable or abandoned :)
>
> Was it really such a good idea?

With Webware you can use a presentation system called Python Server
Pages (or PSP for short, but it isn't the same project) which isn't
exclusive to Jython. In fact, there are lots of template systems
available for Webware:

  http://webware.sourceforge.net/Papers/Templates/

Personally, I'm not entirely enthusiastic about *SP technologies.

Paul