Win95: "Corrupt intallation detected." - cause known, solution needed

Szczepan Ho³yszewski rulatir at poczta.arena.pl
Fri Aug 24 10:31:11 EDT 2001

I just downloaded Python-2.1.1.exe installer and, guess, I'm getting that
"Corrupt installation detected." box. I've already found out that it has
something to do with administrator privileges on WinNT/2000. But
_I_have_Win95_ so how can I log in with administrator provileges on a system
that doesn't support any privileges at all?

Why does the installer think it is running on WinNT/2000?

How to fix the problem without actually buying and installing WinNT and then
logging in as an administrator?

Szczepan Holyszewski
rulatir at poczta.arena.pl