SWIG'ed interface undefined symbol errors

Joe Cotellese joecotellese at spamcop.net
Wed Aug 29 05:16:40 EDT 2001

Hello all,

I'm trying to add a SWIG interface to the ID3lib library. I'm new to SWIG
and python extensions.

I created the interface file for the classes I wish to expose and have
sucessfully compiled the resultant .cpp files into the ID3library. Now, I'm
trying to import the library into the interpreter. When I import the
library python chokes with an ImportError. Apparently, it's trying to
resolve a function named uncompress.  I dug into the id3lib source code.
and found that uncompress is a zlib function. It looks like zlib is
dynamically linked to id3lib.

My question is why can't the interpreter resolve the uncompress function by

Thanks in advance.

Joe Cotellese.