Remote Access Python Interpreter using Telnet

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Aug 8 09:27:39 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oleg Broytmann" <phd at phd.pp.ru>
To: "Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com>
Cc: <python-list at python.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: Remote Access Python Interpreter using Telnet

> On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Steve Holden wrote:
> > Sam Rushing's Medusa distribution does contain some information on
it, but
> > the real documentation is the comments in the code. Reading that
should
> > enable you to connect to a working Medusa server (and hence,
presumaby, to a
> > working Zope).
>
>    Do I understand it right that we are talking about Medusa monitor
and
> monitor client?

Well, that's what *I* was talking about. I can't answer for you ... ;-)

Anywaqy, I guess this has drifted somewhat away from the original
enquiry. But I remember thinking it was really neat to be able to attach
to a running server, change its ports, and debug it remotely after
starting a new production version. Sam Rushing is a smart cookie.

regards
 Steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/