language lawyering - doc strings

gcash gcash at luncheonmeat.cfl.rr.com
Wed Aug 29 20:09:29 EDT 2001

I know this is being pedantic, but where's the syntactical spec for
documentation strings in the language reference?

I was looking at the 2.1.1 docs and I'd expect it to be in "4.1 Code
blocks, execution frames, and namespaces" but the only reference to
documentation strings is where it mentions the __doc__ attribute.

I noticed this when someone asserted you can't have doc strings for
classes.

-gc

--
Favorite god: Thor               Favorite song: "Hammer Time"
Motto: "Use a bigger hammer"     In my toolbox: 1 screwdriver, 6 hammers.