newbie question

atonal watchtheclosingdoors at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 16:58:34 EDT 2001

i have beginning-to-intermediate level vb6/vba programming skills and
would like to find employment before long in a technical capacity.

something tells me that vb is not my ticket, and i am intrigued by
python.

for now i am somewhat wedded to ms windows and ms office, but i gather
that python can be used in many ways in place of vba, and that in
general it would offer more career opportunities.

anyone agree or disagree?  advice is welcome, and thanks in advance.