PyGTK - 1.5.2 not 2.1

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ignacio at openservices.net
Sat Aug 25 17:49:29 EDT 2001

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Adam 'Vonlia' Seyfarth wrote:

> Hi python people -
> 	I was trying to find a gfx package for Python, and I tried it.
> I have python aliased to /usr/local/bin/python2.1 and running python on
> their examples said it couldn't find the module gtk.  But after
> unalias-ing it, they worked, and it is cool!  I would rather use
> Python2.1 if I can, but I don't use it's features, so I don't care much.
> But, do other people use PyGTK with 2.1?

Back in November 2000 a very similar question was asked on the PyGTK mailing
list, except it was with Python 2.0. The answer was basically "recompile it
with the newer version of Python". Try that and see if it works.

OTOH, it may be that the PyGTK libraries only exist in your Python 1.5
site-packages directory. Check that, but I suggest the recompile.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio at openservices.net>