Deposing Dictactors

Borcis borcis at geneva-link.ch
Wed Aug 22 09:37:13 EDT 2001

Tim Peters wrote:

> It's all the same to *you* in the end anyway, because I'll die much sooner
> than Guido

> all's-for-the-best-in-this-best-of-all-possible-worlds-ly y'rs  - tim

Pick answers to :

(a) Yes, but isn't it a classical (e.g. pre-quantum) fallacy, to have world
    possibility not concieved as a matter of viewpoint ?

(b) You mean you expect Guido to finish his life as immortal software ?

(c) If by hypothesis you were to decide to mean (b), do you think this should
    suffice to make (a) otherwise irrelevant in context, from logical grounds ?

(d) what bounds can you prove, to the cardinality of the class
    of expected states of ultimate fact equivalent to that state of ultimate
    fact hoped-for in (b), for the purpose of maintaining invariance of your
    answer to (c) ?

(e) what should happen if we exchange "expected ultimate statement of fact"
     for "expected state of ultimate fact" in (d), together with a coordinated
     transform of "that state of ultimate fact hoped-for in (b)" to "the
     statement of hope in (b)"  ?

aesthetical-sense-is-to-soul-as-eye-is-to-physical-viewpoint-ly yours,

Boris Borcic