Beginner's questions

Lad printers at sendme.cz
Sat Aug 4 17:02:36 EDT 2001

Hi,
I am a Perl programmer but I miss some things in Perl. For this
reason I am looking for another, better (if any) programming
language. Maybe Python would be my choice. Can you please
answer the following?
1.How well threads are implemented in Python particularly under
windows?
2.Are there any libraries for working with HTTP protocols that is
modules that could help download( grab) web pages with GET
methods and modules for using  also POST method without
necessity to program these applications with sockets?
3.Are there any libraries for SMTP, POP3 and NNTP protocols?
4. Is there a program for making executable files from python
programs?
5. What modules , except Tk, can I use for GUI programming with
Python?
6. Is it possible, in Python, send output from a program to a web
browser directly or in other words display html file in python
application?
7. Where can I find a available modules list?
8. What are best tutorials/books on Python?
9. Can you give me  examples of large Python application?
10. Why do YOU use Python?
11. Is it possible to to "talk" to java applets via Python?

Thank you for your answers?

Ladislav