Winer on MS scripting strategy: implications for Python.NET?

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Wed Aug 29 11:14:58 EDT 2001

On 29 Aug 2001, Bill Seitz wrote:

> See http://www.xmlrpc.com/stories/storyReader$1957
>
> Dave believes (based on discussions such as
> http://wmf.editthispage.com/discuss/msgReader$5341?mode=day) that .NET
> implementations will lead to forks in the underlying languages, based
> on a standard embrace-extend strategy, which will lead to the .NET
> versions of each language getting much bigger than the root versions.
> Then they'll start nudging those .NET developers toward C#...

We ourselves are choosing .NET or so it seems all this time after the
NET-bubble emerged. I think even M$ will not be able to go that far.
Otherwise we'd have Java everywhere - which is not the case, thanks God.

In fixed N-dimensional space largest cluster always wins in the closed
volume. But our "space" is not bounded in volume, nor in dimensions.
So, there is no worries that everybody will use C# or whatever.

> Thoughts?

Sincerely yours, Roman A.Suzi
--
 - Petrozavodsk - Karelia - Russia - mailto:rnd at onego.ru -