decent syslog replacement?

Sean Reifschneider jafo-pythonlist at tummy.com
Wed Aug 1 01:46:55 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 01:43:11PM -0400, Nicholas Henke wrote:
>Thanks...I forgot about the syslog - thing...The main problem is the
>syslog disk thrashing...I guess I wasnt really clear about that. Are there
>any clean options to buffer even more than syslog might do?

Adding the "-" should resolve the problem you're seeing, as was mentioned.
If you want copious amounts of control over how your syslog is buffering,
switch to syslog-ng.  See freshmeat.net if you need a pointer.

Sean
--
 I'd like an order of fries, a quarter-pounder with cheese,
 I love the light in your eyes, will you go out with me please.