Large pages using Zope

Achim Domma achim.domma at syynx.de
Wed Aug 1 09:46:21 EDT 2001

"Cameron Laird" <claird at starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message
news:5F49B5CBF5054C94.33E4B38F094277B1.1DDFF7F8A2A4AD86 at lp.airnews.net...
> Mr. Domma, I have a similar question.  Are you saying
> that you're replacing client-side JScript and VBScript
> with server-side Python?  Architectural redesign inter-
> ests me; what kinds of service were JScript and VBScript
> giving you?  Did they reach to your CORBA-DB back end?

No, sorry for the confusion but I only spoke about server side
programming. We are currently using IIS with ASP-pages written
in JScript and VBScript but want to switch to a plattform
independet solution.

I think direct connection from the client via script to the server
is only possible in a pure MS environment. The xml-datasource
of IE5 should be able to get his data via http from a SQL-Server.
But that is not the topic of this group ...

greetings
Achim