PCB Gerber files

zzzzz zzizz_ at notmail.com
Wed Apr 11 19:17:43 EDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:50:59 +1000, zzzzz <zzizz_ at notmail.com> wrote:

>Hi again,
>
>Another Python project that I'm currently working on is processing of
>Gerber files which are used to define data on PCBs (printed circuit
>boards). As part of my project, I need to construct a list of closed
>polygons with boundaries of lines & arcs, I will also need to find
>some reference to 2D filling algorithms. Is there any other interest
>in this area from this NG? Are there any add ons that will help, eg
>does PyOpenGL have high level polygon tools?

The reason why I'm doing this is because we have a quick circuit PCB
prototyping milling machine (http://www.t-tech.com/)that comes with
software called isopro, although it works alright, we would like to
have far more control over the milling path (in the old DOS days the
actual isolation algorithm worked better than it does today, however,
it now has a lot of pretty GUI stuff as replacement). To do that we
need to parse the gerber files which represents the areas of copper on
the PCB & then generate an isolation path based on a filling
algorithm.
Regards,

zzzzz.