passing arguments from CGI to function

Robert Amesz rcameszREMOVETHIS at dds.removethistoo.nl
Mon Apr 23 11:32:55 EDT 2001

Steve Holden wrote:

>Carlos:
>
>A better-formatted version might be easier to debug!
>
>regards
> Steve
>
> [Junk Snipped]

Indeed. The culprits are:

It falsely advertises the post to be an 8-bit ISO-8859-1 HTML posting,
while in fact it's straight 7-bit ASCII, and flawlessly formatted at
that.

You might wish to argue that ISO-8859 encodings are supersets of US-
ASCII, and as such it could be used, even with 7-bits data, but that's
just silly. It reminds me of that well-known joke:

Client: "Waiter! Can you get me a cup of coffee? Black, no sugar, no
        milk."
Waiter: "I'm sorry sir, we're all out of milk. Would you like a cup of
        coffee without cream instead?"

As Xnews doesn't do HTML I only found out something whas wrong when I
read your post and looked at the headers of the original post.

Yet another trick to confuse poor old Outlook Express.

Robert Amesz