list vs tuple

Hans & Mari hnowak at cuci.nl
Sun Apr 1 10:21:57 EDT 2001

On 1 Apr 01, at 12:26, deadmeat wrote:

> > Reset your brain.
>
> Anyone who thinks a programmer can do this is quite insane. I've been
> programming since I was 7 or 8, and did advanced mathematics throughout
> highschool. Forgetting such basic principles is not possible, esp. not
> with the given documentation which gives nothing to fill that void until
> later.

A lot of people who were a bit more open-minded than you, did succeed in
"resetting their brain" and accepting and understanding the Python object
model. Many people here have been trying to explain it you, and pointed out
that there really is no inconsistency here. It is now clear that they have
been wasting their time. You obviously don't want to learn; you want to
keep on seeing Python through your Pascal-goggles and then complain that
things don't work the way you expect. If that is the case, then do it in
private and stop bothering people who do understand the language.

--Hans Nowak (zephyrfalcon at hvision.nl)
You call me a masterless man. You are wrong. I am my own master.
May Bill Gates bar your green eggs and swine!