mp3 reading in python

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shaleh at valinux.com
Tue Apr 10 16:54:27 EDT 2001

So I searched the archive some, but did not find a definitive answer.

I am looking for a module that can read mp3 files and give the mp3 info as well
as id3 info.  I have found one or two python modules (mp3.py, mp3info.py), both
of which are good starts but fairly rough.  If no one else has any suggestions
I will likely take mp3.py from dotfunk.com/projects and make it into a class
MP3 and reorg the code while I am at it.  Things like global static lists which
should be tuples or convenience functions polluting the namespace.