What can you do with python?

Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
Thu Apr 26 21:28:13 EDT 2001

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:07:50 -0400 in <tdrif95bmfnhf5 at corp.supernews.com>,
Ice Cap <icecap85 at hotmail_NOSPAM_.com> spake:
> Well I made small samples and they run in dos. But I was thinking thats how
> all python programs run, in dos. Can you make a gui for python porograms?

  You certainly can, for example:
<http://kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu/~kamikaze/Umbra/>

  So that's what Python's good for: games.  And utilities.  And
productivity apps.  And scripting.  And CGI and web app servers like
Zope.  And server-side networking applications.  And really, just about
anything you like, command-line or GUI.

  See also John Grayson's very nice book _Tkinter and Python
Programming_, or the Tkinter chapter of _Programming Python_ or just
about any Python book.

"I will tell you things that will make you laugh and uncomfortable and really
fucking angry and that no one else is telling you.  What I won't do is bullshit
you.  I'm here for the same thing you are.  The Truth." -Transmetropolitan #39