Corba and Python?

Georg Lohrer GeorgLohrer at gmx.de
Sun Apr 29 14:04:30 EDT 2001

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 09:26:09 GMT, scr.giorgio at cogesic.it (Giorgio
Scorzelli) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>do you know if there are any web site which lists all ORB for Python
>(eventually making a brief comparison between different
>implementations)?

Have a close look at the home-page of Python (www.python.org) and
choose the link to "Vaults of Parnassus"
www.vex.net/parnassus/apyllo.py
There you find an overall view about connectivity and CORBA in
special. There are several implementation of an ORB using Python, and
several tools using Python as an CORBA-adaption (i.e. omniORBpy at
www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/index.html

Personally I'm using omniORBpy as test-environment for accessing
TAO-applications. During now, I'm really satisfied, especially because
it's open-source and therefore compilable with my special environment.

Ciao, Georg