Python-2.1 Debug libs zip is missing tcl &tk debug libs

Kevin Rodgers kevinmrodgers at home.com
Sun Apr 22 17:16:16 EDT 2001

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> wrote in message
> BTW, what on Earth do you use the Debug.zip file *for*?  I stick into it
the
> union of every debug-build thingie anyone ever asked for, but I can't
imagine
> what use it is.  For example, if you're building C extensions, don't you
want
> to build your own Python from source code too?  I sure would.

I'm working on embedding Python on Win32, and I just use the binary
installer for Python.  But I don't use the Windows "debug" mode anyway; I'd
have to build debug versions of Numeric, Tkinter, Tcl/Tk, BLT, ad nauseam.
Instead, I use the "release" project and change the settings so that it
generates full debug information.  Since the errors I find during debugging
are invariably in my code, not Python's, I don't need to trace into Python
anyway.

real-programmers-debug-using-print-statements-ly yr's-kevin