PEP 246 : Object Adaptation : Implementation Now Available

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Wed Apr 4 09:39:03 EDT 2001

              http://adapt.sourceforge.net/

Hello.  I've spent a wee bit of time putting up a sourceforge
project for the object adaption PEP.  This is useable, in fact,

I'm using it in my own projects.  I would love any feedback,
especially those who actually play with the code.  Note that
the implementation is by design inneficient, focusing instead
on clarity and giving obvious hooks where PEP 245 would hook-in.

I'm also not sure how to sync the web site in CVS, so if someone
would like to do this... fantastic.

Also, please note, the primary value of this proposal will not
be evident with a single person.  This is a tool for library
writers to provide "adapters" for objects from other libraries
and to "conform" their own objects to the expectations of
other libraries.   Thus, I would especially like to see
feedback from those providing libraries...

Thank you so much.   Clark

P.S.  If you'd like commit access to the CVS to help
fix up the web site and/or add examples, let me know.