[ANNOUNCE] Umbra role-playing game 0.2 pre-alpha

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Fri Apr 20 23:01:08 EDT 2001

"Chris Gonnerman" <chris.gonnerman at usa.net> wrote in message

> I'm not sure how it's a consequence.  Your copyright protects you exactly
> as much with or without the source code.  Ignoring patches/diffs is about
> as hard as ignoring spam (which I'm sure you do every day, just like me).

Is that a deliberately dumb comment, or are you just unaware that one of the
rights of copyright is the right to make derivative works?  It is way easier
to make a derivative work if you have the source code.  In the real world,
if it's easier for someone to transgress, then your copyright enforcement
problem is more difficult.

--
Cheers,                                     www.3DProgrammer.com
Brandon Van Every                           Seattle, WA

For plot and pace, writers use words; game designers use numbers.
Anything understood over time has plot and pace.