Windows madness

Ben Hutchings ben.hutchings at roundpoint.com
Thu Apr 5 20:30:22 EDT 2001

Bob Kline <bkline at rksystems.com> writes:
<snip>
> Actually, it is possible on NT/Windows 2000 to get tool.py and TOOL.py
> into the same directory, using the Posix subsystem.
<snip>

Actually, Win32 allows case-sensitivity - you have to use the flag
FILE_FLAG_POSIX_SEMANTICS when calling CreateFile to avoid clobbering
files whose names differ only by case.  The SDK documentation for this
says "for file systems that support such naming", so perhaps this will
work on Windows 9x/Me if the files are being created on an NT server.

--
Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of Roundpoint.