adding text to jpeg images using Python/PIL/???

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at usa.net
Sun Apr 8 02:26:23 EDT 2001

You can do this with either PIL (Python Imaging Library):

    http://www.pythonware.com/downloads/index.htm

or gdmodule:

    http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/gdmodule

In either case, you would load the picture, draw the text
at the desired location (both libraries will report the
picture size if requested), and resave it, possibly under
a different name.