Create/Edit Win32 Shortcuts?

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Wed Apr 18 15:54:03 EDT 2001

Don Tuttle wrote:

> I can't believe that Python doesn't have the ability to create/edit Win32
> shortcuts (.lnk files). But after an hour of searching the archives and my
> books I can't find anything at all.  Would someone point me in the right
> direction?

http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/4475/fid/538 if you
can use the Python COM support

If you are not able to use Python COM (as might be the case in a
installer written in Python itself), I can send you some code I have
written half a year ago. It's an extension module to create shortcuts,
it's working but unfinished.

Gerhard
--
Sorry for the fake email, please use the real one below to reply.
contact: g e r h a r d @ b i g f o o t . d e