Whither SmallScript? (was Re: Integer micro-benchmarks)

David Simmons pulsar at qks.com
Fri Apr 27 05:48:05 EDT 2001

"David Simmons" <pulsar at qks.com> wrote in message
news:Pk8G6.23922$Jh5.23242637 at news1.rdc1.sfba.home.com...
> "Andrew Hunt" <andy at toolshed.com> wrote in message
> news:slrn9ehfbt.frk.andy at workbench.toolshed.com...
> > > Out of the dirth of scripting languages available,
> > > Python and PHP are at the top of our well-known candidate list. There
> are
> > > parties who have either expressed an interest in or are working on
> languages
> > > such as Scheme, JScript, and Basic.
> >
> > Have you taken a look at Ruby?
>
> Yes, I have indeed. I've known about Ruby and monitored it for a couple of
> years now. I have the Ruby book and I've watched its attention rise and
then
> fall relatively quickly.

Updating my earlier post now that I've gone and re-examined their site,
events, and newsgroup.
---
Hmmm... Maybe it just has seasonal lulls.

There Tampa conference this fall will be an interesting indicator. I have
the distinct impression that a large if not dominant portion of the user
base is in Japan. I wonder why their conferenced wasn't held there?

> Its newsgroup/discussion lists are pretty dardn
> quiet and the website is not particularly active -- maybe I've just not
been
> monitoring the right areas?

I just went a renewed my link to its newsgroup and I see it has quite a lot
of activity in recent weeks. My news service is not archiving more than a
month or so on this group so I can't see further back.

I also notice a number of familiar folks posting in their group...