PEP 245

Michel Pelletier michel at digicool.com
Thu Apr 5 12:23:59 EDT 2001

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Clark C. Evans wrote:

> Michel,
>
>    It may be too late, but how about
>    ammending 245 to use the word "contract"
>    instead of "interface".  Just thinking.
>    Words bring with them meaning, and your
>    proposal isn't anywhere near as strict
>    as Java or COM interfaces...   But, perhaps
>    I'm being stupid here.

Java and COM are not the only langauges with interfaces out there.  I
don't think 'contract' is the best word for what we're talking about, what
these things are are interfaces.  In UML, there is no 'contract' object,
but that doesn't stop the UML guys from using interfaces to define
contracts with rigor.

-Michel