python, zope, UML .... ?

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.nospamnet
Wed Apr 25 14:24:02 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.988108355.14978.python-list at python.org>,
vsl6 at paradise.net.nz says...
> I have been trying to visualize some quite large python projects of mine,
> some of which are python zope products. This is getting difficult and I
> wanted to turn to something like UML, but was wondering does UML make sense
> for Python.  Specifically are there better ways to visualize and build
> objects and associations for a typeless language like python?  How would one
> incorporate acquisition, both implicit and explicit, which is very much
> unlike inheritence.  I guess this is quite a loose question, but I was
> wondering if other people use visualization tools in this environment.
>
> Mick

I think UML would be an excellent means of visualizing a large Python
project. After all, UML is supposed to be language neutral and an
attribute of a class is an attribute of a class, whether it's typed or
not.

I'm not familiar with the term "acquisition" in this context - do you
mean something like a "has-a" relationship?

Now all that's needed is a UML tool based on WxWindows or tkinter!

Regards,

Dave LeBlanc