do...until wisdom needed...

Ken Peek Peek at LVCM.comNOSPAM
Mon Apr 16 10:54:12 EDT 2001

Thanks for reminding me.  I just checked the link, and searched for some more,
and read that, and my questions were still not adequately answered.  I think now
that I am looking more for a philosophical answer, not a "how to... in
Python"...

The do/until construct is *still* needed IMHO, to allow for a more structured
approach to programming.  Many folks have given excellent suggestions on how I
could FORCE the "while" construct to do what I want, but then I *could* use a
bunch of "goto's" (if they were available.  All of these will work, but are
still not good structured constructs.  They are also not intuitive to newbies of
the language...

Now, if you please,-- Just make believe that Guido announced that he was going
to put a "do/until" construct into the next release, and wants your opinion of
how the syntax should work.  You have no choice-- it IS going into the language.
Comments?

news:k8DC6.7505$4N4.1642940 at newsc.telia.net...