[ANN] OS/2 (EMX) port of Python 2.0

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Sun Apr 1 09:23:32 EDT 2001

I have released a port of Python 2.0 to OS/2 using the EMX+GCC
compiler/runtime.

ZIP archives containing the binary installation package
(python-2.0-os2emx-bin-010331.zip, 2.6MB) and the source patches +
makefiles (python-2.0-os2emx-src-010331.zip, 425kB) have been submitted to
the Hobbes (http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/) and LEO (http://archiv.leo.org/) OS/2
software archive sites.

Support is included for GNU Readline, GNU GDBM (v1.7.3), BSD DB (v1.85),
zlib, curses and expat via dynamically loadable extension modules.  The
majority of standard Python extension modules are also dynamically
loadable.  The port has been built with multithreading enabled.

The port incorporates Fredrik Lundh's sre updates, as well as several
official (ie available from http://www.python.org/) patches to standard
library modules.

The README file is available at
http://www.pcug.org.au/~andymac/python20_os2emx_readme.html.

The ZIP archives are also available via
http://www.pcug.org.au/~andymac/software.html, however this site has
limited bandwidth so please get them from Hobbes or LEO where possible.

OS/2 users, enjoy!

E-mail: andrew.macintyre at aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
        andymac at pcug.org.au           (play2) |        Australia