'mapping' in weakrefs unneeded?

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Tue Apr 10 23:19:37 EDT 2001

[Andrew Dalke, on the new yet already redundant weakref.mapping()]
> I would prefer pre-2.1 since removing a function (which is used
> in the docs as an example of how to use weakrefs) after release
> will be met with "removing a function breaks existing code"
> arguments.

Well, Fred removed it, and that broke *my* existing code ('twas my example,
taken from my code).  I hope you'll be very happy, you and your new best
code-breaking friend <wink>.

next-thing-you-know-they'll-take-away-"<>"-and-!wink=-just-doesn't-
    look-right-ly y'rs  - tim