OT: OO vs Procedural

Daniel Klein danielk at aracnet.com
Wed Apr 18 21:50:42 EDT 2001

Hi all,

This is a bit _off topic_ but since I am a staunch Pythoneer, I thought I would
pose the question here...

I was having a discussion with a colleague about the advantages of OO
programming over procedural languages like BASIC, and to be honest, I just
wasn't prepared. I started spouting off about polymorphism, encapsulation,
reusability, etc but I couldn't exactly explain WHY it's better. To be honest,
all of these things can be done even in procedural languages to a degree. I
know in my gut that it is but without showing him a program in both languages,
it is very hard to justify.

So the question is, can anyone provide any internet links to discussions of
this nature?

Thanks for you consideration,

Daniel Klein
Portland OR USA