Timezone

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 06:28:29 EDT 2001

"Choppy" <Choppy_member at newsranger.com> wrote in message
news:0M%y6.2410$jz.205262 at www.newsranger.com...
    [snip]
> Thanks for your response.  Looks like I have to install a newer version of
> Python as I'm running 1.5.1 and these extensions require at least 1.5.2.
Don't
> laugh, I'm only running this old version as it's very easy for our clients
> install since it comes precompiled.

So does 1.5.2 (and later versions), depending on the platform.
Have a look at www.python.org, it's full of useful pointers
to binary & source versions in the downloads section.

Worst case, you can probably precompile and package Python
for your clients most easily (unless it's a platform lacking
an ISO compliant C compiler -- ARE there such platforms still
around today...?).

Alex