why radiobutton does not deselect itself??

Bill Smith william.smith162 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 19 19:38:57 EDT 2001

EdwardT wrote:

> hi I have the following code that shows a radiobutton; after I click on it
> once it was selected.
> atfer I cick on it again, it remains selected, how come?
> .... (snip)
> what I am trying to achieve is to give user tow choices, when radio button
> is selcted, the operation will go on for all the files, if deselcted, it wil
> just bedone on one file ...
> if radio buttonis not a good way, any suggestion?

You might find a check-box more to your liking than a radio button.
Typical behavior of a set of radio buttons is that there will always be
exactlly one button turned on in the set of buttons (except they can be
started with all buttons off, before any buttons are pushed). Once a
particular radiobutton is turned on, the only way to turn it off is to
push another button in the same set.