Smallest Standalone Distributable Possible?

Kragen Sitaker kragen at dnaco.net
Tue Apr 3 04:10:17 EDT 2001

In article <9abvl4$4bqha$1 at ID-59885.news.dfncis.de>,
Thomas Heller <thomas.heller at ion-tof.com> wrote:

>"Kragen Sitaker" <kragen at dnaco.net> wrote in message news:lUey6.23196$BC6.6135045 at e3500-chi1.usenetserver.com...
>
>> Thanks!  Neither is quite what I want (even py2exe, despite being
>> incredibly cool, can't link pythonXX.dll into the resulting executable
>> statically) but both are major steps in the right direction.  If I can
>> get Freeze to do static linking on Windows --- ideally only of the
>> modules my program uses --- I will be happy.
>Two points:
>- Gordon's installer can create single file applications (which will
>dynamically unpack at runtime, and clean up afterwards).

Oh, I didn't understand that part.  I thought they unpacked when you
ran them and had a facility to clean up on request.  Thanks!

>- I have experimental code which will (eventually) merge dlls and
>pyds into the exe-file. Don't know if and when I can make this available,
>it is in an very early stage, also I'm not sure about the benefits.

It's very beneficial to some people, useless to others, I think.

Thanks very much for the info!

--
<kragen at pobox.com>       Kragen Sitaker     <http://www.pobox.com/~kragen/>
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we possess