FP in Python [was: Re: why python annoys me]

Oliver Korpilla korpo at 01019freenet.de
Sat Apr 21 10:30:40 EDT 2001

Good to see I always do learn something new from this newsgroup!

Actually I was relying on book knowledge about Python, a book that
especially mentions FP tools in Python but NOT list comprehension at all
(never saw it in my books).

Is it a new feature ? (version introduced ?)

Since I didn't see it on list manipulation either!

Where do I get more info about it ? (part of the tutorial)

Besides:
If inlining functions does the trick for sharing local variables into
local function definitions (without being parameters), then filter f xs
could do the trick as well as the list comprehension does.. is this
correct ?

Ciao, Korpo