CGI script serving VRML

José Rui Faustino de Sousa jrfsousaREMOVE00594812 at esoterica.pt
Thu Apr 19 06:33:39 EDT 2001

Hi!

I am having problems with a CGI script serving VRML.

The CGI script is in python and I am using Apache to serve it (and
Apache is serving .wrl files OK)

The simplest script is something like:

print "Content-type: model/vrml"
print "Pragma: no-cache"
print

fln = "fog.wrl"
file = open( fln, "r" )
buff = file.read()
file.close()
print buff

The file displays OK if I use http://www.myserver.net/fog.wrl

And using a batch file:

@echo off
echo Content-type: model/vrml
echo Pragma: no-cache
echo.
type fog.wrl

Also works OK.

But using a Python CGI I only get a blank screen.

If instead of opening it directly I save the link to disk it saves a
properly formed VRML and automaticly chosses the right file type (.wrl).

My VRML browser is ParallelGraphics Cortona pluged into MSIE.

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

Another thing. What is the "standard" package to generate VRML in
Python?

I was only able to find mcf_VRML and it does not seam to be used much...
Or is it that VRML is not used much?...

Best regards
José Rui

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor
to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread. -
Anatole France.
Iam://José Rui Faustino de Sousa http://homepage.esoterica.pt/~jrfsousa/
mailto://jrfsousaREMOVE00594812@esoterica.pt phone://+351-239444940
address://rua Carlos A. Pinto de Abreu nº 30C, 1º 3040 Coimbra Portugal
Real Programmers do sig blocks in Fortran 95.